APS Advanced AC Tune-Up Rebate Program
APS has a limited new Air Conditioner rebate program to help you make sure your air conditioning system operates efficiently as possible in Arizona. APS will pay a $100 rebate per AC system when you have an APS approved contractor such as Autumn Air Heating & Cooling perform an Advanced Diagnostic AC Tune-up on your air conditioning system. Your air conditioning equipment must be at least 3 years old to qualify for the rebate program. Autumn Air will be using program approved, state of the art diagnostic equipment to perform the AC tune-up. Results from the Advanced AC Tune-up are best when outdoor temperatures are 75 degrees or higher here in AZ.
This program is available in the Phoenix Metro, Yuma, Prescott and Chino Valley areas and is limited to 6,000 AC units in 2013.
Advanced AC Tune-up VS. Basic AC Tune-up
The APS Advanced AC Tune-up offered by Autumn Air Heating and Cooling is different from a basic annual equipment AC tune-up because it requires the use of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to be used on the air conditioning system. This specialized equipment verifies the refrigerant charge and airflow of the unit is correct. It is a more precise and reliable way to get your AC equipment back in top shape. The Advanced AC Tune-up ensures your AC unit is running efficiently in Arizona.
APS Advanced AC Tune-Up Comparison Chart
|Basic ACTune-up||Advanced AC Tune-up|
|Check thermostat operation||
|Clean or replace standard filter (customer supplied)||
|Verify your home’s air flow and cooling temperature output||
|Check your AC’s refrigerant charge and adjust as needed||
|Digitally check your AC’s refrigerant charge and adjust as needed||
|Chemically clean outdoor condenser coil||
|Lubricate motors (if applicable)||
|Inspect all AC electrical components, including fan blades and condenser coils for wear and damage||
|Tighten loose electrical connections||
|Check and adjust fan speeds (as needed)||
|Inspect drain line and drain pan||
|Basic drain line cleaning||
|Check and digitally record air temperature differential between the supply and return air system||
|Digitally measure air conditioning equipment performance before and after the Tune-up||
|Eligible for $100 rebate per system||
Did you know?
A recent study found that more than 55 percent of existing AC units in Arizona had refrigerant that was under or overcharged, enough to reduce its operating efficiency, and that costs you money.
The APS Advanced AC Tune-Up Rebate program is funded by APS customers and approved by the Arizona Corporation Commission. Autumn Air is proud to be a certified contractor to provide the AC Tune-Up Rebate program to Arizona APS customers.
How It Works
• Confirm your eligibility
• Schedule an Advanced AC Tune-up from Autumn Air who is an approved contractor for the APS Advanced AC Tune-Up Program.
• Autumn Air will complete these steps and then help you fill out and send in the rebate application to APS.
• APS processes your application and a rebate check is mailed to you in 6 – 8 weeks.
• You enjoy the peace of mind and energy savings from an efficiently running AC Unit in your Arizona home!
Advanced AC Tune-Up Steps
The Autumn Air Heating & Cooling Advanced AC Tune-up provides a comprehensive assessment of your air conditioning system to ensure it is operating at peak efficiency in your home. Using the required diagnostic equipment, Autumn Air certified technicians will:
Verify your AZ home’s air flow and cooling temperature output. Autumn Air may recommend improvements to poorly designed ducts and duct sealing in your system. We have additional rebates through our Duct Test & Repair Rebate program that can further improve your heating and cooling system.
Autumn Air will check your AC’s refrigerant charge and adjust as needed. Refrigerant leaks greater than 10 percent of total system charge must be repaired prior to a tune-up being performed and paid. Refrigerant leak checks, repairs and adding refrigerant will incur additional costs quoted by your certified technician.
*Your certified contractor could charge a service fee as a substitute for the Tune-up charge if you do not repair refrigerant leaks or decline work necessary to get the unit running well enough for the diagnostic test.
• Autumn Air will inspect all AC components, including fan blades and condenser coils for wear and damage in your cooling system.
• Chemically clean the outdoor condenser coil. Indoor coil may require cleaning and may incur additional contractor charges.
• Tighten loose electrical connections.
• Lubricate motors (if applicable).
• Check and adjust fan speeds (as needed).
• Clean or replace standard filter (customer supplies filter).
• Basic drain line cleaning. Severe blockages may incur additional contractor charges.
• Check and digitally record air differential temperature between the supply and return air system.
• Digitally measure equipment performance before and after the tune-up.
The following requirements must be met to qualify for this offer from Autmn Air Heating & Cooling and APS:
• An Advanced AC Tune-up must be completed by a certified contractor approved to participate in the program (such as Autumn Air) with the required diagnostic equipment.
• AC unit or heat pump must be at least 3 yrs old or older
• A total of 6,000 units are eligible for this rebate in 2012
• Must be a current APS residential customer living in an existing home
• Rebate amount is per unit for residential HVAC systems. (Maximum of 5 units per home)
• The unit must be between 2 – 5 tons of cooling in size
• This program applies to whole house heat pumps and AC systems only: AC equipment must have ductwork connected to it and can be a package or split system. Mini splits do not qualify.
• The rebate application form must be submitted to APS within 4 weeks of tune-up date
Advanced Tune-Up Approved Contractors
Autumn Air Heating and Cooling is eligible to offer Advanced AC Tune-up. We are licensed, bonded and insured and have service technicians trained on the APS Advanced AC Tune-up standards to perform work on your air conditioning system in Phoenix, AZ.
Why should I get an Advanced AC Tune-up?
A recent study found that more than 55 percent of existing AC units had refrigerant that was under or overcharged, enough to reduce its operating efficiency, and that costs you money. The Advanced AC Tune-up requires the use of state of the art diagnostic equipment that will be used to test the units operation before and after the tune-up to ensure that it is running efficiently after the tune-up. Completing the required steps of the tune-up can improve the unit’s performance by as much as 10 percent and it will also make the equipment last longer.
How is this different from a normal tune-up?
The Advanced AC Tune-up is different from the typical annual equipment tune-up because it requires the use of diagnostic equipment that verifies the refrigerant charge and airflow of the unit is correct. It is a more precise and reliable way to get your AC equipment back in top shape.
How often do I need to get an Advanced AC Tune-up?
An Advanced AC Tune-up should be done once every three to six years using advanced diagnostic equipment to ensure the unit is running as efficiently as possible.
What is the best time of year to get an Advanced AC Tune-up?
Approved Contractors will be using advanced diagnostic equipment for the APS Advanced AC Tune-up program. The ideal timeframe in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area to perform this advanced tune-up would be during the months of April – October when the temperatures are above 75 degrees.
Can I reduce the amount I have to pay out-of-pocket by signing over the $100 rebate to my contractor?
Yes. The Advanced Diagnostic tune-up application form must be initialed at the bottom right corner and the second page of the application must have your signature approving the payment directly to your contractor. Your contractor will help you fill out the application form.
Where can a find a list of Participating Contractors?
ANo need for a list, call Autumn Air Heating & Cooling today and schedule your homes AC Tune-Up.
How many air conditioning systems qualify at my residence?
You may tune-up a maximum of 5 systems at one physical residential location.